Mpila Camp is centrally situated in the uMfolozi section of the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park, KwaZulu-Natal and commands views of the Wilderness area. The accommodation at Mpila Camp is all self-catering and all accommodation units have bed linen, bath towels, cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils provided. Unleaded petrol is normally available during the day (check their reserves early if you are low on fuel, as supply can be unreliable) curios, soft drinks and alcoholic drinks can be purchased from the Mpila Camp shop, but general provisions are limited. There is no restaurant at Mpila. The electrical 220 V supply is from a generator . This for the fans, lights and fridge whilst hot water shower and stove use gas. The generator is turned off at around 22h00.
The water at Mpila Camp is temporarily not fit for drinking. Please bring your own drinking water.
Make an Enquiry or Booking
Mpila Camp is not fenced except for an electrified ‘elephant’ wire and wild animals may enter the camp and do, at any time, so one should be aware of this, do not walk about in the camp after dark. Hyena in the evenings and monkeys scavenging during the day can be a nuisance. Do not feed any of the animals.
We suggest that you bring torches.
- 2-Bed Safari Tent accommodation: These large 2-bed walk-in safari tents have one bedroom, 2 single beds with possible extra bed, clothes cupboard and electric fan with en suite bathroom - shower, toilet and hand-basin, then there is a deck and semi open kitchen with stove, fridge, basic utensils, crockery and cutlery, as well as a braai (barbeque) stand. Both the tent and the kitchen are on a raised wooden deck.
- 4-Bed Safari Tent accommodation: These 4-bed safari tent accommodation units are made up of two of the 2-bed safari tents, as described above, these are then linked to one another with the deck and kitchen between the two. They each have one bedroom, each with own en suite shower, toilet and wash hand-basin, 2 single beds, cupboard, fan. A 5th bed can be accommodated. The kitchen has gas stove and fridge with basic utensils, cutlery and crockery supplied. There is a braai (barbeque) stand. The tent, deck, dining and kitchen are all on a raised wooden deck.
- 2-Bed Chalet accommodation: These newly renovated two bed chalets each have a bedroom with 2 single beds, 3rd bed option, a separate shower, toilet and hand-basin en suite, with own kitchen and covered veranda, as well as a braai (barbeque) stand.
- 5-Bed Chalet accommodation: The 5-bed chalets have two bedrooms, one with two beds and the second bedroom with three single beds, one bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and hand basin, a kitchen, lounge dining room, veranda and outside braai (barbecue) stand.
- 7-Bed Cottage accommodation: The 7-bed cottages at Mpila camp have three bedrooms, two with two single beds and the third with three beds. There is an open plan lounge dining room, a kitchen, one bathroom with bath, hand-basin and toilet then a separate shower and a separate toilet. The veranda has an outside braai (barbecue).
Make an Enquiry or Booking
© Copyright Far & Wild Safaris cc. 2017. Copyright
and database rights exists in this publication and all rights are reserved.
This publication or any part thereof may not be reproduced or transmitted in
any form or by any means,
whether in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Far & Wild